Project 2B- Retreat House @ Cape Rachado, Port Dickson

4:21 AM

Here comes the final wave for Design Studio II!

This project is a continuation from the previous project (Project 2A), where we were to based on the similar site context and design a retreat house for a given character. This final project is an individual work which carries the highest percentage of the module. The user and subject given to me was a Lonely Filmmaker. I had to research on the characteristics of this user to create a retreat house that would be the best suit for him.


My retreat house designed for a Lonely Fimmaker has the concept of healing silence which is incorporated with the interplay of natural lights. Below are some of the progresses I have went through until the final design.

Mock up Model 1- House is built as cliffhanger for its naturally guaranteed privacy.

Mock up Model 2- Slit openings exploration

Interim model with space planning

Final Mock up Model

Final Model with Site (scale 1:100)

Detail 1

Detail 2

Detail 3

Detail 4

Progresses

 Drawings explanation

Final Presentation board and model

What I have learnt throughout this project were that understanding of a specific client and the analysis of the site context are the initial must have phases before the design process. While during design, I ought to keep based on the client's needs; at the same time responding to the site condition. I also learnt about planning spaces in a more efficient way so that the user experiences could be more comfortable and most importantly, an experience loved by the client. 

This final project has summed up my first year in Architecture. There are still a lot more to improve and I shall strive harder to be a successful architect in the future.

You Might Also Like

0 comments